At Hunter Laser Vision we firmly believe that post-operative care is just as important as the surgery itself.
- We will advise how long to take off work.
- For two weeks after the surgery, you should stay out of dirty, dusty environments.
- You should keep the area dry for 2 weeks; showering is fine, but no swimming.
- You will have scheduled post-operative appointments with the surgeon and optometrist. You will be advised of any fee.
- You may be able to see your local optometrist for some of these post-operative appointments if you live outside of the Newcastle/Hunter region. These are at your own cost.
- For certain procedures, such as kerarings or ultraviolet crosslinking, we’ll need to review your eyes again at six months, and for kerarings once a year after that.
- During the healing period, you may experience fluctuations in vision, glare sensitivity, decreased night driving, and reading vision. These symptoms will mostly reduce over time and will be monitored during your post-operative appointments.