There are 2 options for your initial consultation.
- LASER SUITABILITY ASSESSMENT with our optometrist Peta Lawrence
- LASER CONSULTATION with one of our surgeons (with potential for same-day surgery)
Which option is best for me?
LASER SUITABILITY ASSESSMENT are for patients who are unsure if they are suitable or may have been told by a GP or Optometrist they are not suitable for laser. Hunter Laser Vision ensures there is hope for everyone and will tailor a procedure to suit their visual needs.
The consultation with our Optometrist takes 30 mins. You will then be given the opportunity to book an appointment with one of our surgeons. You are also able to book a tentative date for surgery.
- The cost for this consultation is $80 (this fee then goes towards your surgeon’s consultation)
LASER CONSULTATIONS are suited to patients who have been referred, or would like same-day consult and surgery, or are from out of the Newcastle area.
- The cost for this consultation is $300
Hunter Laser Vision consultations do not require a referral unless the surgical procedure you proceed with carries a medicare item number. It is not possible to proceed with surgery if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
During your consultation:
Our team will:
- review your medical history and perform a thorough eye examination.
- take scans of your cornea to determine its shape and thickness.
- check your intraocular pressure.
- make a surgical recommendation.
- provide you with a quotation and book a surgery date.
- discuss post-operative recovery and follow-up appointments.
- consultations can take up to 2 hours.
- you must not wear contact lenses for 2 weeks prior to your consultation or surgery
- your pupils may be dilated therefore you will require someone to drive you home.
- it can take 3 hours for vision to return to normal.