During your consultation:
- Our optometrist and clinic staff will review your medical history and perform a thorough eye examination.
- Take scans of your cornea to determine its shape and thickness.
- Check your intraocular pressure.
- The surgeon will examine your eyes, and make a surgical recommendation.
- You will be able to book a date for the surgery and find out about costs, and recovery times.
- Consultations can run for up to 2 hours.
- You must not wear or have worn contacts for 2 before your consult.
- Your pupils will be dilated using eye drops which means you will need someone to drive you home.
- It can take 4-6 hours for vision to return to normal.
There are 2 options for your initial consultation.
- Laser suitability assessments which are conducted by Peta Lawrence our Optometrist.
- Initial Laser Consultation with the Surgeon
Which option is best for me?
Laser suitability assessments are for patients who are unsure if they are suitable or may have been told by a GP or Optometrist you are not a suitable candidate for laser. Hunter Laser Vision ensures there is hope for everyone and will tailor a procedure to suit their visual needs. This consultation with our Optometrist will give you all the information you need to book your surgery in. Or you may choose to think about it a little more and book with the surgeon at a later date.
The cost for this consult is $80 ( this fee is then goes towards your surgeons consultation)
Initial Laser Consults are suited to patients from out of town who do not have the luxury of taking days off or are under tight work and family commitments. We offer same-day consult surgery options ( if suitable) or options to book surgery in at a later date.
The cost for this consult is $300
Hunter Laser Vision consultations do not require a referral unless the surgical procedure you proceed with carries a medicare item number.