Phototherapeutic Keratectomy – PTK
- PTK surgery starts from $ 2650- (before rebates)
- To book an appointment click here
Phototherapeutic Keratectomy is a procedure using the excimer laser to remove the surface layer of the eye in order to treat corneal disease, significant scarring or recurrent corneal erosion.
What to expect from your consultation with Hunter Laser Vision
During your consultation:
Our team will:
- review your medical history and perform a thorough eye examination.
- take scans of your cornea to determine its shape and thickness.
- check your intraocular pressure.
- make a surgical recommendation.
- provide you with a quotation and book a surgery date.
- discuss post-operative recovery and follow-up appointments.
- consultations can take up to 2 hours.
- your pupils may be dilated therefore you will require someone to drive you home.
- it can take 3 hours for vision to return to normal.
The surgery and post-operative care
- You can expect to be at the surgery for 2 hours.
- No make-up on the day of surgery.
- We suggest you take a week off work.
- For two weeks after the surgery, you should stay out of dirty, dusty environments.
- You should keep the area dry; showering is fine, but no swimming.
- Full visual recovery normally takes 8 weeks.