- LASIK surgery from $2980
- To book an appointment click here
LASIK is a type of laser eye surgery used to correct short-sightedness, long-sightedness, and astigmatism. It can provide an alternative to wearing glasses or contact lenses, or reduce your need for glasses. It is both safe and highly effective.
LASIK uses two lasers, one to create a hinged flap on the surface of the eye and another to reshape the cornea. After the cornea has been reshaped, the flap is carefully repositioned and remains there without stitches.
At Hunter Laser Vision we use only the most advanced methods and technologies during our LASIK surgeries. One of these technologies – the Intralase® laser – is 100% blade free and has been used successfully on hundreds of thousands of patients worldwide. Our commitment is to provide you with the ultimate in comfort, safety and outstanding vision.
What to expect from your consultation with Hunter Laser Vision
During your consultation:
Our team will:
- review your medical history and perform a thorough eye examination.
- take scans of your cornea to determine its shape and thickness.
- check your intraocular pressure.
- make a surgical recommendation.
- provide you with a quotation and book a surgery date.
- discuss post-operative recovery and follow-up appointments.
These tests will determine if you are a good candidate for LASIK. This will depend on a number of factors including your prescription, eye health, age, and lifestyle. A stable prescription is preferred, so ideally you should be at least 20 years old and have no evidence of corneal disease or cataract. There are limitations on what prescriptions can be corrected, but our surgeons will assess these after they complete testing.
- consultations can take up to 2 hours.
- you must not wear contact lenses for 2 weeks prior to your consultation or surgery
- your pupils may be dilated therefore you will require someone to drive you home.
- it can take 3 hours for vision to return to normal.
The surgery and post-operative care
- You can expect to be at the surgery for 2 hours.
- No contact lens wear for 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- No make-up on the day of surgery.
- Wear comfortable warm clothing with no loose fibres.
- On arrival, you may be given anti-anxiety medication.
- LASIK surgery normally takes around 20 minutes.
- Both eyes can be treated on the same day.
- The day after your procedure you will need to return to the clinic for a check-up.
- 2 weeks and 2 months post-operative appointments are included in your surgical fee.
- We suggest you take a few days off work.
- For two weeks after the surgery, you should avoid heavy lifting and stay out of dirty, dusty environments.
- You should keep the area dry; showering is fine, but no swimming.
- Most patients are able to drive a few days after the procedure.